qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu option causes kernel-panic

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu option causes kernel-panic
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:21:14 +0100

Halim Sahin a écrit :
> On Do, Mär 15, 2007 at 11:12:41 +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:
>> Halim Sahin wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I experienced several problems with qemu under linux using kernel
>>> 2.6.18.
>>> The guest system is a debian testing, the host a debian unstable.
>>> kqemu is the newest version from www.qemu.org.
>>> The guest can not start if I give -kernel-kqemu.
>>> The last message is kernel panic.
>>>
>>> Another problem is the performance of the guest harddisk.
>>> There is no ide dma aktivated and hdparm fails to aktivate it.
>>>
>>> If I try to shutdown the guest, I am only getting system halted but the
>>> qemu did not shutdown.
>> What version of qemu are you using ?
> I am using qemu 0.9.0 but this problem happends with 0.8.2 too.

You mean the Debian one from testing/unstable or experimental? In that
case, it is a know problem, see http://bugs.debian.org/402289

In short, don't use kqemu if you use the Debian qemu package, or install
qemu from sources.

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden