qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu option causes kernel-panic

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu option causes kernel-panic
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:12:41 +0400

Halim Sahin wrote:
Hello list,

I experienced several problems with qemu under linux using kernel 2.6.18.
The guest system is a debian testing, the host a debian unstable.
kqemu is the newest version from www.qemu.org.
The guest can not start if I give -kernel-kqemu.
The last message is kernel panic.

Another problem is the performance of the guest harddisk.
There is no ide dma aktivated and hdparm fails to aktivate it.

If I try to shutdown the guest, I am only getting system halted but the qemu did not shutdown.

What version of qemu are you using ?

Brad