qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Page protection and i386 cmpxchg8b

From: Pierre d'Herbemont
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Page protection and i386 cmpxchg8b
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:41:00 +0100

On 27 févr. 07, at 08:22, Ilya Shar wrote:

Please see the diff file attached.

I meant send a diff to the qemu-devel in a new mail with [Patch] in the subject so that it can be committed :-)

However, at second thought, I think that it might need some re-work, see [1], and the arguments might need to be byte-swapped.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

As I said before, I think that the problem appears because:

qemu signal handlers might be overridden by some mach calls, that could explain the problem you are encountering. We need to work on this.

That's really not easy to fix, in two words. [1] I think it should consist in writing a custom implementation of semaphore_signal_trap, semaphore_signal_thread_trap, semaphore_wait_signal_trap, etc. that hook into signal.c. Tell me if you want more info on this.

Pierre.