qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Page protection and i386 cmpxchg8b

From: Ilya Shar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Page protection and i386 cmpxchg8b
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:32:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm running i386-darwin-usrer on i386 and some apps
(Safari browser) crash because cmpxchg8b attempts to
wrie to a qemu-allocated page which is readable but
write-protected.  When I comment out mprotect in
exec.c

//        mprotect(g2h(page_addr),
qemu_host_page_size,
//                 (prot & PAGE_BITS) & ~PAGE_WRITE);

I can proceed further.  I would guess mprotect is
there for a reason so it doesn't seem like a good
solution, besides the runs get substantially slower
without mprotect.  Is there a solution to this problem
or a way to better understand what is going on?

Thanks,
Ilya

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.