qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: VNC

From: Christopher Olsen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: VNC
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:18:07 -0500

On Monday 19 February 2007 20:11, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > Well there's a number of plausible options
> >
> >  - Password, but using challenge/resonse (either plain or TLS channel)
> >  - Simple  password (assuming a TLS encypted channel)
> >  - Whitelist based on client TLS certificate (common name/fingerprint)
> >  - Auth against PAM using same username of qemu process owner (asume TLS)
>
> or just
>
> - create a pipe(), fork() and be unbothered by any authentication.
>
> Of course, QEmu's VNC server would have to be taught to communicate via
> stdio.
>
> Ciao,
> Dscho

That's well and good but as pointed out by Anthony how does one verify
credentials with the VM over VNC or what ever future protocol there is..

This could be something designed more native into it as I could see in the
future the possability of remote configuration of VM's over some interface
yet to come.

-Christopher

--
Christopher Olsen