qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: VNC

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU: VNC
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:14:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Christopher Olsen wrote:

> Actually I have a version 2 to my patch which I will forward in by
> tomorrow which allows for vnc authentication..

Which one? AFAICT there are three authentication methods, one of which is
not secure at all. Another one is no vnc authentication at all, but rather
an ssh authentication. The third method does not encrypt the rest of the
protocol, so is not secure. (And yes, there exists a fourth method, which
appears to be purely VNC, but which is not open source.)

Ciao,
Dscho

P.S.: I forgot to mention that your patch is not in unified format, which
seems to be the preferred patch format on this list.