qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU and SMP Option on dual core processor

From: Danny Chieh-Yao, Cheng
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU and SMP Option on dual core processor
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:25:01 -0800

Hi all,

I am running a Centrino Duo on Windows XP Home SP2.

Here's the problem...

I want to run the option "-smp 2" with QEMU, but when I start it, it says it cannot find cpu1. When I look into task manager and the affinity, it's running on CPU0, but if I use imagecfg to set QEMU to run on CPU1, it STILL give me the same error. Does anyone know of this problem?

Also, I tried to turn off one processor in BIOs, but there's no such option either, I'm using ASUS A8JM laptop.

Regards,
Danny