qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Two quick requests.

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Two quick requests.
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:27:47 -0500

On Friday 09 February 2007 6:06 pm, Paul Brook wrote:
> > Sure, but there are plenty of other ways to accidentally mess up the
> > permissions of a disk image file. A while back I had to strace qemu to
> > figure out why file modifications were vanishing after rebooting the
> > VM; the culprit turned out to be an unrelated script that had set the
> > image file's mode to 444.
>
> If you really want to do this, do it properly. Make it an error to use a ro
> image if the user [implicitly] requests rw access.

If there's no middle ground between "silently misbehave" and "refuse to start
if anything _might_ be wrong", then why does current qemu warn about the 1024
hz thing?

Just curious.  Refusing to start would have saved me a day's debugging time,
just like the warning would have...

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery