qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VirtualBox PC virtualization released as Open Source

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VirtualBox PC virtualization released as Open Source
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:50:36 +0200

What I don't see (and I hope they would answer) are any patches for
QEMU which fixes things like installation of XP (the famous freeze),
Vista, etc..

Anyone from InnoTek (I assume they're on the mailing list ) care to
shed some light about patches, availability etc please?

Thanks,
Hetz

On 1/15/07, Pierre Palatin <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday 15 January 2007 20:02, Oliver Gerlich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as I was just reading this on german newsticker heise.de:
> http://www.heise.de/open/news/meldung/83680
>
> Also on Slashdot:
> http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/01/15/1631234.shtml
>
> And the original news:
> http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/News
>

> Anyone knows more about this? How is it in direct comparison with Qemu?

For what I have seen in the sources, that's based on qemu, sligthly modified
in order to be somehow "modular", thus allowing them to distribute additional
proprietary extensions (list at
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Closed-source%20features )

Pierre Palatin