qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [BUG] QEMU x86_64 SSE bug in modf()

From: Ludovic Drolez
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [BUG] QEMU x86_64 SSE bug in modf()
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:00:45 +0100

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 11:18:01AM +0100, Ludovic Drolez wrote:

Float to string conversion uses modf() but this function fails under QEMU and SLES 64, as you can see in this small test program below:

pressume you mean running SLES 10 64bit as a guest under QEMU here.
which version of qemu for the host? and what platform/arch?

Hi !

As said in other posts, the guest is a SLES 10 64 bits, the host under a Debian sarge 32 bits, and I use qemu 0.8.2. I also tried the latest CVS, and
the same bug is present.

the gcc that is used for the glibc in the guest should be irrelevant if all
the emulated instructions are correctly compiled in the host and there are no
bugs on them of course.

Yes, I was thinking of a bug in qemu sse/sse2 emulation.

the host has to be compiled with gcc 3, gcc 4.x won't work even if it
compiles.

Compiled with gcc 3.3.5.

  Ludovic.

--
Ludovic DROLEZ                              Linbox / Free&ALter Soft
www.linbox.com www.linbox.org