qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Using QEMU as a terminal server?

From: Alexandre Leclerc
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Using QEMU as a terminal server?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:33:28 -0500

Hi all,

I was thinking to something weird, but I don't know if it is totally
doable. So I ask your expertise. (Being under Linux to use W2K
images.)

- ssh login.
- then the login script launch a qemu session without the X session
(running without visual).
- there would be UltraVNC server inside the OS
- find a way to catch the nat ip address of this new qemu session
- trhu the ssh tunel, connect UltraVNC viewer to server.

Here we go I have a nive 'Terminal Server' connection.

Ok, if the ssh thing is not working, or simply, let us remove this
aspect; would such a thing be possible?

Having something like that would be amasing because then doing
windows-like terminal server on linux becomes possible. You map the
sessions in read-only to a master image file and there you go.

Best regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc