qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] time for 0.8.3/0.9?

From: Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] time for 0.8.3/0.9?
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 05:09:11 -0600

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 10:16:38AM +0100, Werner Dittmann wrote:
> When I try to install Opensuse 10.2 as a 64 bit system the Qemu seems to
> go into a loop.

same thing happens with Fedora Core 6, but still I am not sure that is enough
to pinpoint a problem to qemu, as they both share the same version of the
kernel (which is the one hanging).

FWIW, I have a Gentoo Linux 2006.1 host running a 64bit qemu 0.8.2 that was
partialy compiled with gcc 3.4.5 and that runs without problem the following
64bit systems :

  Ubuntu Linux 6/06
  Fedora Core 4 and 5
  rPath Linux 1.0
  T2 minimal 2.1.0 and desktop 6.0.0
  Oracle Enterprise Linux R4 U4
  OpenBSD 3.9 and 4.0 (no kqemu)
  NetBSD 3.0.1 and 3.1 (no kqemu)
  FreeBSD 6.1 (no kqemu)
  Solaris 10 (32bit because QEMU CPU isn't detected as amd64 enabled)

Carlo