qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] About performance of qemu-system-arm

From: PianoPan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] About performance of qemu-system-arm
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:17:20 +0800

Hi   Màrius:

 It's working fine (about 1 minute to boot in my PC).

Did you mean that 1 minute to boot the X system?

Regards !

Piano Pan

On 12/13/06, Màrius Montón <address@hidden> wrote:

 Hi,

 I've used distro from http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php.

 It's working fine (about 1 minute to boot in my PC).

 regards,

 Màrius

 PianoPan wrote:

Hello, everyone,

Now, I'm planning to use Qemu as our mobile device emulator (ARM). Before our
development, I want to confirm performance of it. I use packages from
http://folks.o-hand.com/richard/qemu.html to build the evaluation environment,
but performance of Linux in Qemu is too slow. It uses about one hour to boot
GUI system.

Can anybody tell me this performance is proper or not?

Best regards! Piano Pan

       Màrius Montón i Macián    address@hidden         http://cephis.uab.es
       Hardware Engineer
        CEPHIS
       Centre de Prototips i Solucions Hardware-Software
 Dep. Microelectrònica i Sistemes Electrònics
 ETSE - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)         Phone: +34 935 813 534
        Fax: +34 935 813 033
        QC-2090D. ETSE. Campus UAB.
        080193 Bellaterra