qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] Bus number and address changes after usb_add?

From: Lonnie Mendez
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] Bus number and address changes after usb_add?
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 01:04:56 -0600

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 14:43 +0800, Yu, Xiaoyang wrote:
> Thanks a lot! So we need to use "usb_del bus.addr" to remove the device from
> the guest. So I must get the bus.addr information for the device first. But I
> cannot do so by just add code into usb_device_add() function, because the
> bus.addr will change after that. Is there a place in QEMU source code
> suitable for logging the bus.addr information?

The usb code could use some improvement in regards to tracking the
devices internally in qemu.  If you scan this list there was an attempt
at adding devices to a tree for tracking them, but that code was
seemingly rushed so it had numerous bugs.  You can find the thread with
the proposal here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-04/msg00489.html