qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] User-mode proxy support

From: Ricardo Almeida
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] User-mode proxy support
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:11:13 +0000

Thanks for the prompt response. Of course, it worked :)

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida

On 11/17/06, Michael McConnell <address@hidden> wrote:
Ricardo Almeida wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using QEmu with user mode network. The host machine can't access
> the Internet directly, only through a proxy server.
> Since I'm using user mode network there's no way I can connect to the
> proxy from inside the guest machine (is there?).
> What I'm suggesting is building a proxy server (just as there is a DNS
> and a SMB server) that in reality is just a package forwarder to the
> real proxy server... I don't know if this easy to do, but it's what I
> would like :)

If you set the guest's default route to 10.0.2.2 then it should be able
to reach your proxy server, perhaps using its IP address rather than
hostname if you haven't set up DNS.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
   Eridani Star System