qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Any way to disable grabbing?

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Any way to disable grabbing?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:09:18 +0000 (UTC)

I've got Qemu running nicely, but I find it really frustrating
that qemu always insists on raising its window.  If I'd wanted
that window on the top, I'd have put it on the top myself. I
realize that the Qemu authors are very clever folks, but isn't
it rather presumptuous for them to insist that they know how
windows should be arranged on my desktop better than I?

I also find the focus-grabbing to be pretty inconvenient -- it
really slows me down when I have to switch back and forth
between a windows app and a Linux app frequently. There was a
patch a couple years ago to make qemu work more like a normal
application.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-07/msg00453.html

Does that patch still work?

Is there some reason why that patch wasn't accepted?

--
Grant Edwards
address@hidden