qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vs gcc4

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vs gcc4
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:39:06 -0400

On Monday 23 October 2006 2:37 pm, Paul Brook wrote:
> It turn out that qemu already does most of the hard work, and a code
> generation backend is fairly simple. The diff for my current implementation
> is <2k lines of common code, plus <1k lines for each of x86, amd64 and ppc32
> hosts.

My understanding is that the version you linked to with your new backend
currently _only_ supports coldfire/m68k?

Do you have a quick "here's you how try it out" thing?  (For example, when I
first show people qemu I boot a knoppix cd image under it.  Fast and
shiny. :)

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery