qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] configure flag for compilation question..

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] configure flag for compilation question..
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:27:16 -0400

---- Ishwar Rattan <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Martin Bochnig wrote:
>
> > Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> >

> > Where is the problem 64bit versus 32bit ?
> > (32 bit version of libSDL-1.2.so.0 found while amd64 64bit version needed?)
> > (should go under /usr/local/lib/amd64/libSDL-1.2.so.0)
> Well, the problem is I do not root privileges so can't place libSL in
> /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/lib/amd64.
>
> I would like to  keep it in $HOME/lib and want qemu to see the lib
> archive.
>
> I will try LD_LIBRARY_PATH option.

It should work.  the main thing is to not to agressive with LD_LIBRARY_PATH in
this case.  Since it sounds like it already may be linking against
/usr/local/lib
where the current libSDL is, you should just be able to add the new lib dir
to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable, and then run ldd on qemu to make
sure it's finding the right libraries. When you have the right LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
then it should be working for you.

> Is to possible to have a staticly
> linked version of libSDL in the qemu binaries?

There is an option for statically linked libSDL in the qemu binaries,
and I tried to make sure I kept that intact for solaris in the configure
script.  Try it and see what happens.

Ben