qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM XScale extension

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM XScale extension
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:58:33 +0200

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 11:49:23PM +0200, Thorsten Zitterell wrote:

> the attached file includes preliminary support for the Intel XScale CPU.
> I have also written code which emulates a Gumstix [1] system in QEMU -
> based on this processor - and got a Linux kernel up and running.

You don't seem to truncate acc0 to 40 bits?  The DSP coprocessor in
non-iWMMXt xscale cores does truncate, and some future version of Linux
(2.6.20?) might use this as a test to determine whether the CPU we're
running on is iWMMXt-capable or not:

        http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=3881/2

So, are you trying to emulate the DSP coprocessor, or the
(mutually exclusive, since it uses the same instruction space)
iWMMXt coprocessor? :)

cheers,
Lennert