qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] hosting the forum

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] hosting the forum
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:54:08 +0200

Hi,

It really depends if this is a shared host or a dedicated host. The
previous QEMU forum was hosted on a shared host and the response time
was awfully slow.

Furthermore, you'll need MySQL 3.x (thats what I have on the server)
and a bit knowledge of PHPBB in order to modify the configs to setup
things correctly.

The speed access from here (Israel) seems to be very good to your site.

Thanks,
Hetz

On 10/2/06, Damien Mascord <address@hidden> wrote:
Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to some personal problems (related to financial situations) I'm no
> longer being able to keep paying the server which hosts the QEMU
> forum.
>
> Therefore, I'm looking for someone who can host the QEMU forum (and,
> if possible, the nightly snapshots). If anyone would want to host it,
> please contact me offline.
>
> Thanks,
> Hetz
Hi Hetz,

I would be more than willing to host it.  Would the latency/transfer
rate to http://node6503.gplhost.com be OK for most people?

Cheers,

Damien