qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] More PCI ethernet emulations

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: [Qemu-devel] More PCI ethernet emulations
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:47:45 +0200

Hello,

I want to run QEMU with disk images of existing PC hardware.
These PC hardware uses ethernet cards which are not emulated
by QEMU, and because the disk images only support these cards,
the current QEMU won't work. So I have to write new emulation
drivers for QEMU...

These are the emulations needed:
    Intel 8255xER PCI (Linux driver: eepro100)
    Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI (Linux driver: r1000)
    National Semiconductor DP83815/DP83816 (Linux driver: natsemi)

If somebody already started to write any of these emulations
this would be really helpful. Any other kind of help is welcome, too.

Regards
Stefan