qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win32 MinGW build with current CVS

From: NyOS
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win32 MinGW build with current CVS
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:07:15 +0200

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:07:46 +0200, Andreas Bollhalder <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello

It seems that the aio support broke my MinGW build batch under Win32. Is
it suposed to work on WIN32 ?

Any ideas ?

Andreas

Hi!

"Kernel Asynchronous I/O (AIO) Support for Linux
Overview

AIO enables even a single application thread to overlap I/O operations with other processing, by providing an interface for submitting one or more I/O requests in one system call (io_submit()) without waiting for completion, and a separate interface (io_getevents()) to reap completed I/O operations associated with a given completion group.

Support for kernel AIO has been included in the 2.6 Linux kernel."

source:
http://lse.sourceforge.net/io/aio.html

So, I don't think so. But please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Nyos

Delay not, Caesar.  Read it instantly.
                -- Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar" 3,1

Here is a letter, read it at your leisure.
                -- Shakespeare, "Merchant of Venice" 5,1

        [Quoted in "VMS Internals and Data Structures", V4.4, when
         referring to I/O system services.]