qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Have any ideas about how to detect whether a program is

From: James Lau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Have any ideas about how to detect whether a program is running inside QEMU?
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:18:14 +0800

My program is a utility for internet payment. It takes an important role in the payment process to ensure security.  One of the key functions is that the program should detect which machine is paying. So while virtual machine (like QEMU) is present, it can cheat the program.
Checking the hard disk model, cpu type, and other hardward informations makes little sense.  Because the users or the hackers can easily modify these informations. So I need a QEMU internal checking method that hackers can't easily bypass.

Thanks

--James

2006/7/6, John R. Hogerhuis <address@hidden>:
On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 13:04 +0800, James Lau wrote:
> hi everybody,
> For some security issues, I want to detect whether my Windows program
> is running inside qemu.  Have any ideas?

Security issues? That's a bit vague.

More information about what you're attempting to do would be helpful.

There are probably lots of ways to do this, but which ones make sense
for your situation depends on various factors.

-- John.