qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Asking about IDE to develop Qemu

From: Tieu Ma Dau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Asking about IDE to develop Qemu
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:39:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I made a new project using Eclipse (and CDT) on Windows based on Qemu 0.8.1 source code. But I had the problem "config-host.h: no such file or directory" in vl.h:

#ifdef QEMU_TOOL

/* we use QEMU_TOOL in the command line tools which do not depend on
   the target CPU type */
#include "config-host.h" //the problem arrives from this line
#include <setjmp.h>
#include "osdep.h"
#include "bswap.h"

#else

#include "cpu.h"
#include "gdbstub.h"

#endif /* !defined(QEMU_TOOL) */

And I find that if I run the ./configure command (on Msys) before importing Qemu source code into Eclipse project, the "configure script" will generate this "config-host.h" file. So I want to ask you the questions below:
1. Do I must run the command: ./configure before importing Qemu source code into Eclipse project? If not, which steps I lacked or what I must do to fix this problem (the problem "config-host.h")
2. What does the preprocessor-option QEMU_TOOL means?
3. In file qemu-img.c, line 130, Eclipse alarms an error "syntax error before QEMU_VERSION", so I try to add "QEMU_VERSION=0.8.1" into Project->Properties->C/C++ Include paths & Symbols; but the error is still there. What can I do to fix this problem?
Best regards,
Thanh

http://www.eclipse.org: generic IDE in java
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt: what will make eclipse become a full C/C++ IDE