qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Support Questions

From: Joe Lee
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Support Questions
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:37:17 -0400

I came across a product called Iemulator and think it based on QEMU. If so, I wanted to know how possible is it to re-brand qemu to something similar to Iemulator.

Also, I am quite new to QEMU and virtualization in general and wanted to know the difference between QEMU and product like OpenVZ. Based on my reading on them I think they are quite different. I suppose QEMU is more like VMware aimed at end users and OpenVZ would be more for Enterprise servers.

Joe

Natalia Portillo wrote:
Well,

Fabrice Bellard is main developer, and KQEMU whole developer.
Paul Brook maintains ARM system, and QVM86 whole developer.
Jocelyn Mayer (away) maintains PPC system.
Blue Swirl maintains Sparc system.
A couple of collaborators do development taks.
I maintain the OS compatibility list and do extensive operating system compatibility testing.

Just, for what you want that information?