qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?

From: Armistead, Jason
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:09:16 -0400

Fabrice then wrote:

>Good to see that you can use OpenBIOS now ! I'll apply your patch ASAP.

Might I add my thoughts on this subject ?

How about allowing the BIOS filename to be specified from the QEMU command
line also ?

Yes, if the BIOS is not specified then we should use a reasonable default
file instead.

But, if for example we specifically want to choose some other BIOS file,
then how about a "-bios filename" option so that we can use whatever BIOS we
like as an override.

e..g if the Sparc OpenBIOS developers might like the concept of having
different QEMU invocation scripts that they can call up depending on whether
they want to use a "stable" BIOS or rely on the latest SVN snapshot, they
should be able to do that too, without having to have a separate directory
with another copy of QEMU and associated disk image files in it.  Maybe they
want to compare against PROLL for some reason too.  It is all much simpler
if you can just specify the BIOS file rather than having to move BIOS files
around.

Cheers

Jason