qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Recent patches for qemu block-cow.c etc breaks Win32 build

From: Armistead, Jason
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Recent patches for qemu block-cow.c etc breaks Win32 build becaus e of fsync()
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:02:05 -0400

Hi list

Looking at the code that was recently added

via http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-06/msg00025.html

There were a lot of fsync() calls made, but this breaks the QEMU build
process on Win32 because fsync() is not available.

Suggest something like

#ifndef _WIN32
   fsync(blah);
#else
   _commit(blah);
#endif

which seems to work OK for me under MinGW / MSYS environment.

The _commit() function seems to be what Microsoft recommend to use, and it
compiles and runs OK with that in there, so I guess that MinGW is happy.

I'm still trying to get CVS up and running properly so I can contribute
patches in the right format.

Regards

Jason