qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] use qemu without X, on a remote machine

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] use qemu without X, on a remote machine
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:38:05 -0500

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
Hi,
I would like to use qemu without X

You should try out the -vnc option in the newest version of qemu. Alternatively, you can use the -nographics option if your sure that you only ever need a serial line.

There is also an interesting patch floating around that renders CGA mode via ncurses.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Why?
Because of ressource consumption, and because the machine (the host) for
emulation is a dedicated one, and I dont want to put another keyboard,
nor another Monitor.
Is there an option to disable X use?
I will only install Linux distributions in text mode, and I access the
host through SSH.
The switching feature
(http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC11) are
interesting, but I think can do without them after the install phase.
http://www.google.fr/search?q=use+qemu+without+X did not hel me this
time, although you have some keywords to advice.
Thank you.