qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.8.1 VNC: Segfault on closing

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.8.1 VNC: Segfault on closing
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 18:13:57 -0500

Michael McConnell wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2006, Anthony Liguori wrote:

Michael McConnell wrote:
When I try to use QEMU's VNC server, every time I close the connection it
segfaults.  So far I've been unable to trace the cause of this (gdb appears
to be next to useless at tracing the execution), but it is totally
repeatable.
Can you provide more information? What VNC client are you using?

TightVNC 1.2.9 - and the fault can also be triggered by just telnetting to the VNC port and closing the connection.

Curious, I've not seen this myself and your configuration does not seem out of the ordinary.

Can you try with CVS and 0.8.1? Also, make sure that you're doing a full build if you've built this from CVS as the dependences in the Makefile aren't good.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

What host architecture are you on? What is the guest OS/target?

I already gave that - REinserting immediately below.
(It was in the second paragraph, which you inserted your reply above.)
For those not familiar with AMD, the Athlon
XP2000+ is an ix86 32-bit CPU.

Running with kqemu 1.3.0pre7 in -kernel-kqemu with Windows XP as the guest operating system, the host is an Athlon XP2000+ running kernel 2.6.14, and glibc 2.1.3. QEMU was compiled with gcc 3.4.3.

Can you provide a stack trace that leads to the seg fault?

GDB seems unable to - this is how it started off when analysing the core dump:
address@hidden QEMU]# gdb /usr/local/bin/qemu-i386 core
GNU gdb 19991004
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...

Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.

Core was generated by `qemu-i386 -m 128 -sync -kernel-kqemu -boot c -net nic,macaddr=fe:fd:00:00:00:01'.
Reading symbols from /lib/libm.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libz.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libpthread.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libutil.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libdl.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
#0  0x804ff4a in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x804ff4a in ?? ()
(gdb) quit
address@hidden QEMU]# gdb ls

I have no idea what this "dwarf error" is.

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
   Eridani Star System

   Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email