qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.8.1 VNC: Segfault on closing

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.8.1 VNC: Segfault on closing
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:26:15 -0500

Michael McConnell wrote:
When I try to use QEMU's VNC server, every time I close the connection it
segfaults.  So far I've been unable to trace the cause of this (gdb appears
to be next to useless at tracing the execution), but it is totally
repeatable.

Can you provide more information? What VNC client are you using? What host architecture are you on? What is the guest OS/target?

Can you provide a stack trace that leads to the seg fault?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Running with kqemu 1.3.0pre7 in -kernel-kqemu with Windows XP as the guest operating system, the host is an Athlon XP2000+ running kernel 2.6.14, and glibc 2.1.3. QEMU was compiled with gcc 3.4.3.

(I tried upgrading glibc, had to restore the machine from a backup.)

Any pointers would be much appreciated...

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
   Eridani Star System

   Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email