qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unknown PCI Bridge

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unknown PCI Bridge
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 20:17:04 +0200

Chris Bagwell wrote:
Hi all,

I upgraded to current CVS (0.8.1 plus a couple of patches like acpi). Last time I upgraded was about 1 week ago.

When I ran this version with a win98 guest, windows detected a new device called "PCI Bridge". It was unable to find a driver for this on the win98 CD and placed it as not working in the "other devices" section of device manager.

Doesn't seem to harm anything. I was guessing it had something to do with the acpi patches but haven't verified. Any ideas?

Yes, ACPI adds a new PCI device so it is normal. I am interested by any regression found using the current CVS with ACPI...

Fabrice.