qemu-devel

Re: Enough already! [Qemu-devel] why is kqemu closed?

From: Bakul Shah
Subject: Re: Enough already! [Qemu-devel] why is kqemu closed?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:10:36 -0700

My personal opinion:

Discussions of the GPL are like the bird 'flu -- any time
anyone offers any program for free and there is a
list/newsgroup about it, we know some "bird" will get the GPL
discussion 'flu.  This is inevitable but we can't seem to
avoid it.  And everyone who gets it, starts throwing up.

You will waste everyone's time going over the same old tired
arguments gone over literally hundreds of time in other
forums.  In the end nothing gets resolved.

So enough already!

Instead can someone please figure out why plan9 doesn't work
with kqemu?  Or how about profiling qemu and working on one
of the top 10 time hogs.  Or work on qvm86.  Or work on
adding new capabilities to qemu.  Any of these is likely to
be more challenging, satisfying and fun than being down with
the GPL discussion 'flu blues.  Thanks!