qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] USB Tablet Emulation

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] USB Tablet Emulation
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:32:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Anthony Liguori wrote:
> > I spent some time cleaning this all up.  The following integrates Brad's
> > patches and the patch from
> > http://gnome.dnsalias.net/patches/qemu-hidmousexp.patch
> >
> > It adds a new emulated USB device that reports absolute coordinates.  It
> > also modifies SDL to operate in grabless mode when an absolute input device
> > is enabled.  I think it's pretty close to apply-able.  To use, just specify:
> > -usbdevice tablet
> >
> > With Xorg from CVS, the evdev driver segfaults.  This is apparently expected
> > behavior.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.  It works quite nicely under
> > Win2k.
>
> Here is the vnc patch to go on top of that and the latest cvs.

Before anybody complains: vnc.c needs a major cleanup (what with all that
magic mouse stuff), and there are more things in the patch, like releasing
Ctrl+Alt just before savevm'ing.

I will do the cleanup this week if nobody else is faster...

Also note that I got a patch to implement "-vnclisten <localhost | any>"
to possibly restrict access from anywhere but localhost.

Ciao,
Dscho