qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 21:21:03 +0200

Hi,

> IMHO the biggest obstacle to inclusion in mainline QEmu is that the mouse
> support is rather flakey: You have to disable mouse acceleration of the
> guest OS.
>
> I had that cunning plan to write a virtual Wacom tablet, but I just don't
> find the time.

I thought Anthony Liguori had already written a Wacom tablet emulator
for QEMU and that worked fine except it supports only one button. I
don't remember if this support was complete and I don't have a link to
the patch.

With this you don't need to disable mouse acceleration in the guest OS
because it makes no sense to accelerate a tablet.

On the other hand writing a guest-side driver for QEMU would leave
room for further improvements like hiding/showing or
grabbing/releasing the mouse at specific moments. Or, possibly reusing
tools from Win4Lin or VMtools from VMware.