qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC iommu mapping

From: Joerg Platte
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC iommu mapping
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:23:17 +0200

Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 21:27 schrieb Joerg Platte:
Hi!

> To find this problem, I enabled debugging in the esp.c file and printed the
> mapped address (after iommu mapping). In some cases the mapped address is
> zero:

> ESP: DMA address 0beb8000
> ESP: DMA address 00000000

I didn't find a manual of the SBUS IOMMU. But if I understand the contents of
newer implementations of an IOMMU, each entry in this MMU table has a valid
bit. And therefore, a 0 entry is invalid. But the current implementation of
qemu's IOMMU does not check for a valid bit. Where can I find more
information on this topic? And is a besser IOMMU currently in development?

regards,
Jörg