qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard/Mouse issues on WinXP loadvm

From: maestro
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard/Mouse issues on WinXP loadvm
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:01:27 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 29.03.2006, 21:26 -0500 schrieb Andrew Barr:
> The virtual keyboard and mouse appear to be confused after loadvm'ing on
> Windows XP SP2 (and 2000 SP4 as well) guest (Qemu CVS on Linux host). The
> control key appears to be stuck down. While looking for something unrelated
> in the mailing list archives, I found these:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-05/msg00021.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-05/msg00000.html
>
> It appears to be describing the exact same problem, but on a Linux guest. The
> suggested solution was to press Ctrl, Shift, Alt one after the other after
> restoring the VM. This doesn't appear to work on my Windows guest. Is there
> another way to fix this?

i dont know if it is the exactly same bahavior i encountered:
here the keys were >totaly< messed up (i used cvs version) on #qemu
irc-channel a patch for this was posted at the url:
http://jma-box.student.umd.edu:8080/ps2.diff

this might help - at least it did help fixing my problem.

cheers
maestro

p.s. paul brooks: is this to be going into cvs at some point, or did it
already happen and i missed it