Re: [Qemu-devel] VM Memory limit with kernel-kqemu?

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VM Memory limit with kernel-kqemu?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:10:09 +0400

Andrew Barr wrote:
I'm running a Windows 2000 SP4 guest on a Linux 2.6.16 host with Qemu CVS and kqemu 1.3.0pre3. I am trying to use -kernel-kqemu. I have been allocating 256 MB of RAM to my guest (out of 768 MB total) and I have found that using that amount of memory with -kernel-kqemu causes Windows 2000 to freeze at the graphical boot up screen (after 'Starting Windows...') and qemu to take up 95-100% CPU. Reducing the amount of guest RAM to 160 MB makes that problem go away. I also tried 192 MB and that did not work. Is there a limit to the amount of memory that may be used with the -kernel-kqemu option?

Ok I've just reproduced this with the 256M problem.... doing some more homework.