qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Grabless pointer

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Grabless pointer
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:31:18 +0400

malc wrote:
At http://www.boblycat.org/~malc/code/patches/qemu/1_mqemu.tgz you will
find two patches and binary XFree86 module that allows grabless mouse
operation.

Steps:
a. patch QEMU with 1_mqemu.patch
b. in the guest copy mouse_drv.o to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input

Binary mouse_drv.o should work on all XFree86 (and derivatives such as
X.Org) given that they are older than 4.1.

You can also fetch X410src-1.tgz from somewhere copy mouse.c (or patch
the orignal with 1_mouse.patch) and build it yourself.

I wrote a userspace touchscreen driver years ago that worked on win95-> and would probably still work on the latest and greatest.. it was actually a userspace application that talked to the touchscreen over rs232.. I could probably modify that to work here..

I'm gathering that if I read from 0xbad I'm going to get the absolute mouse position and by writing to 0xbad I can turn the sdl cursor on or off..

What happens with mouse clicks? do they still come over the ps2 interface?
To make this work with what I have in mind we'd have to disable the ps2 position updates to the guest when the mouse app starts on the client and use the read port to give position updates. We would still pass the clicks through the ps2 interface however.