qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] changing simulated CPU frequency

From: Jonathan ILIAS
Subject: [Qemu-devel] changing simulated CPU frequency
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:39:05 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to bypass a bug in an old version of RTAI, which does not work correctly with processors that have a clock greater than 2^31 Hz (frequency stored in a signed 32 bits integer).

As I cannot use a earlier version and fixing this bug may not be trivial, I'm looking for a way to reduce the simulated Qemu CPU clock.

I tried to change linux-user/main.c to force the use of the following version of cpu_get_real_ticks function :
static uint64_t emu_time;

int64_t cpu_get_real_ticks(void)
{
    return emu_time++;
}

But Linux in Qemu continues to detect a CPU at 3,4 GHz.

Do you know if there is a way to modify Qemu source to have a lower CPU clock ?

I hope I've described my problem clearly...
--
Jonathan ILIAS, assistant pédagogique
http://www.eseo.fr/~jilias/