qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Running code from IO memory

From: G Portokalidis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running code from IO memory
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:14:03 +0100

I've been hacking Qemu for Argos, and i was wondering whether it is
possible to execute code from a virtual peripherals memory.

To be more explicit, i have coded a virtual peripheral that does
nothing, but register some physical memory for memory io. This
physical address is mapped into a process's address space. I would
like to place code to be executed into that memory space.

Can qemu's JIT handle such cases?
I point eip to the corresponding virtual address, but everything crashes.

Anyone?

Cheers,
Giorgos