qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 34, Issue 8

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 34, Issue 8
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:52:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Josè Gerardo Gonzàlez Jimènez wrote:

> Hi, i'm new on this list... bus i have a   suggestion, is not ease read
> mails with 100 lines of code... why don't put it in a webpage/blog, and only
> paste an URL to see it?? that may make more clean to read this mails...

First of all, if you complain about this, then do !NOT! quote the whole
fscking digest you received! You should not quote anything irrelevant
to what you want to say anyway.

Second of all, if you don't like long emails, do !NOT! set the digest
option. You *will* get long emails that way.

<sarcasm> Replies to you will be long emails, if only for your name.
</sarcasm>

Third of all, this is a *DEVEL* list. Things discussed on this list are
not supposed to be "I would like you to implement this or that feature" or
"How do I switch off my computer?", but CODE.

If you want to discuss code, it is extremely annoying if you have to
download it separately, and cut n' paste the relevant piece. Rather, you
should be able to quote the mail, delete the irrelevant parts, and comment
on it.

This is a proven best practice on lkml (Linux kernel mailing list) since
ages, and I fail to see why it should not work here.

Hth,
Dscho