qemu-devel

Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu, Solaris Express (b24) install problem

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu, Solaris Express (b24) install problem
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:33:41 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

> I tried latest Solaris Expres (B27a) on Fedora Core 4 QEMU 7.0.2
> with KQEMU.
>
> After start I got a lof of WARNING about ata1 timeouts and
> resets.

That is probably due to qemu not handling DMA mode for
Solaris.  I know I've patched it with some code that
Juergen Keil posted on the list a long ways back.  Solaris
generally installs with that DMA patch, and I think you
may have to turn off acpi-enum=off at the grub prompt
since the Bochs bios doesn't really speak ACPI.

HTH

Ben