qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cell processor

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cell processor
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:40:16 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Lars Roland wrote:

Well I must have come out of loop because it seams that there already
is some simulation software available -
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8620812400.html - not sure how much
of the CELL it actually simulates - the SPEs are after all not needed
to boot an OS, so it may just be the PPE which qemu also may have a
better shot at emulating.

If you are talking about Cell SDK, then I would trust IBM here, especially when they say ``It was used to prepare a full execution stack for trial runs on the first CBE processor, IBM says''

Cheers,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  address@hidden