qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu processor feature question

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu processor feature question
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:34:28 +0400

Francois Rioux wrote:
As far as I remember, kquemu will work only if all conditions are met, that is if the service can start successfully. I don`t know what the result will be regarding you problem, but you should be able to copy and update your startup batch file on the laptop local disk not to start the service, without reburning everything.

Thanks, all my hosts are Linux. My guests are Windows..

After re-installing windows 2000 SP3 & SP4 about 25 times on different
machines, its looking wierd..
SP4 has a problem when configuring COM+ with no kqemu, but works fine with kqemu on all 3 machines (PIII, Sempron 2400+ Athlon XP 2800+). Any Win2k SP3 or SP4 image created on the Athlons will not boot on the PIII, but an image created on the PIII seems to boot fine on all the machines.. Now to top it off, I have actually used identical qemu binaries on all the machines. Compiled on the PIII and copied to the Athlons, in addition to locally compiled copies... I'm using a vanilla qemu CVS with the DMA and Concurrent IO Patches. I have yet to remove those patches and try again.. it just keeps on getting stranger.

Problem has been worked around by creating the whole image on the laptop. Now it works anywhere, but I'm baffled as to why the images created on the Athlons won't boot on the laptop.

Regards,
Brad