qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] "Issue" With non-blocking IO patch

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] "Issue" With non-blocking IO patch
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:52:59 +0400

G'day all,

Have discovered a minor hitch with the non-blocking IO patch.
when changing cdrom devices in the console it dies with

qemu: /home/brad/src/qemu/block.c:425: bdrv_cancel_nonblock_io: Assertion `nbst->state == STATE_READ_DONE' failed.
Aborted

I start qemu with qemu -hda test.img -cdrom test.iso
ctrl-alt 2 to change to virtual console
issue a "change cdrom /dev/sr0"
and the above happens. It does not seem to matter from<->to what I am changing
the device.

I'm using a latest CVS version with the dma/nonblocking IO patch added only.

Other than that, it seems to tick along quite fine. I have been using it for days on end now and the other bonus the non-blocking patch seems to have is qemu when running windows seems to keep better time. Prior to this patch the clock drift was horrid. I had to install an ntp daemon in windows to keep it synced to the host, now it's nowhere near as bad. It would also appear that the non-blocking patch helps the "stalling" problem, where long installs or tasks would appear to stall until I moved the mouse or sent a packet over the network. But this is hard to prove, just feels better.

Regards,
Brad