qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win95 Image does not boot, how can I debug where I am g

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win95 Image does not boot, how can I debug where I am getting stuck
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:13:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Leah Cunningham wrote:

This probably isn't exactly the right question for a development mailing
list, but the user-forumns did not seem to exist, so I hope you will
forgive me or tell me where to ask a question like this.

I have an image of a Window's 95 hard disk, dd'd directly off the disk
itself.  I can mount the image loopback:

/tmp/win95 on /mnt type vfat (rw,loop=/dev/loop5)

That looks suspiciously like a single partition, not a harddrive.. or did you specify partition offset and length when creating the loop device?

DOS (and Windows) requires the image to be a complete harddrive image, not a partition image.

Regards
Henrik