qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC patch status?

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC patch status?
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 08:33:44 +0400

Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
Furthermore, the main problem still prevails: There is no sane way to get the mouse running yet. I played around with a tablet patch someone sent me, but could not get it to run with a Win98 guest. Since this is my main use for qemu+vnc, I need a solution for this case.

I gave up and installed VNC in the guest OS, and then used '-redir'. But
GUI/mouse responsiveness seemed pretty slow that way.

I think the best solution would be for someone to write a special qemu mouse
driver for windows.

This is where win4lin-pro comes into its own. They have grafted on their own graphics driver and load a little applet that keeps the mouse perfectly synchronised. It works well over vnc. (or did in any case, I have not booted it for quite a while)