qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Trying to emulate an openmosix cluster

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Trying to emulate an openmosix cluster
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:56:57 +0200

Hi,

my host is winXPpro, with TAP-win32 drivers. I installed 2
TAP and openvpn. Only one tap can do ICS (internet
connection share) at a time (this is unfortunately needed
for dhcp??).

Guests are openmosix linux nodes done by:
http://www.purehacking.com/chaos/iso/chaos-1.6.iso

I'm using qemu-0.7.1 with tap precompiled for win32.
I read on the originating webpage that only one qemu
can connect to one TAP.

Right now I'm doing 2 instances of qemu with each 1 tap
enabled and of course 2 different macadr.

They boot fine (I need to switch ICS manually to the next
tap otherwise dhcp doesn't start in the 2nd guest).

Yet, they do not see each other. I've 3 questions:

- is it possible in XP hosts to have 2 qemu guests connected
to taps and in network with the host and each other ?

- what would be the proper way to configure openvpn/tap ?

- Is there a way to get both tap to do ICS transparently ?

Thanks in advance
--
Christian