qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Redirect COM1 to ttyUSB0

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Redirect COM1 to ttyUSB0
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:38:51 -0700

QEMU on Linux hosting FreeDOS running an old DOS serial comm
application.

I want to redirect the guest's COM1 to ttyUSB0 which will have a real
device connected to it.

How is this done with QEMU?

I could use -serial stdio
but how do I get it connected to the usb port? I'm guessing netcat/socat
but I've never used that utility.

Anyone have a recipe that works?

I'm pretty sure that I don't need flow control signals passed through
for the serial protocol in use (though if anyone has a solution that
handles flow control too, I'd like to hear about it).

Thanks much,

-- John.