qemu-devel

Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] mini documentation of "info registers" output

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] mini documentation of "info registers" output
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:12:10 +0700

Hello Paul...

> > CCD : Compiled Code Destination (?)
>
> Condition Code Source.

Or Condition Code Destination?

> These 3 are used to implement lazy flag evaluation. Most x86
> instructions set the condition code flags, but only a relatively
> small subset of instructions actually use these flags.

hm, i see....BTW, these two lazy flags, CCS and CCD, they are the
representation of EFLAGS? CMIIW. If yes, can I assume that they have
same format as EFLAGS?

anyway, it is safe to frequently ignore flags? For example, if MUL
generate overflow and set Zero Flag, Qemu must be aware of it, right?
Or we can still safely ignore it?

regards

Mulyadi